How to Optimize your Morning (when you aren't an early morning person!)
May 17, 2018
I know better than anyone how hard it is to have a successful morning. I am a morning person, yes. But I am more of a 7am morning person, not a 5am in the morning person. So teaching Mysore in the wee hours of the morning goes against my natural rhythm.
When you have to be someplace at 6am every minute counts in the morning. Here are my tips for optimizing my morning and maximizing how late I can sleep.
- These are the things I do every night before bed so that I have the best possible chance of getting out the door and to the studio on time in the morning. These tips are helpful for anyone, not just if you are going to Mysore.
- I prepare my beverages the night before. I like to drink water with lemon in it while I am teaching in the morning. I fill up my water bottle with lemon the night before. I use a hydroflask so that the water will stay cold for 24 hours. And then I put it in my bag the night before so that I don’t have to think about it at all in the morning!
- I take my supplements out the night before. They are sitting on my counter next to a glass of water ready for me to go in the morning.
- I get my dogs food ready the night before. It's in the fridge and I just put it out for him in the norning. His water bowl gets filled the night before too. And I tie poop bags onto his leash the night before - so all we are doing is walking out the door!
- I lay out my clothes so I don’t have to stumble around at 5 am trying to figure out what I am going to wear. I make sure that they are right side out - because we have all been that person with our shirt inside out at practice at 6am at least once. I also pack dry clothes in my bag so I if I sweat through I have clean ones to wear after I teach.
- I que up a podcast that I want to listen to for when I am walking my dog and driving to work. This is also helpful bc then I minimize distractions from my phone like social media- which can really slow me down if I’m in a rush.
- I put everything that has to come with me in the morning by the front door. So all I have to do when I wake up is go into the bathroom - if I’m really dragging I’ll hop into a cold shower for 30 seconds to really rev me up - put on my clothes that are already out, go into the kitchen, take my supplements and put Hampi's food down, walk to the front door and swoop everything up (and if I have way too much stuff that day for whatever reason, I put it in my car the night before!)
Try it! You’ve got a busy day and no time to be running around in the morning wondering how to get it all in!
Check out my online courses and classes.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join my mailing list to receive the latest news and updates.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.