Practicing Yoga through PregnancyJun 12, 2018
Students frequently ask me about practicing while pregnant. I've had lots of students practice their entire pregnancy and others who weren't quite up to it. I think the key is to do what feels right for you - and continually reevaluate what that is.
However, since I have never been pregnant I thought I should ask the expert. So here is Christina Flemming. Pregnant Ashtangi and Mid-Wife, who knows what she is talking about.
I hope this is helpful.
- Change the way you approach the practice and let go of idea of moving forward.
- Embrace going slower, letting go of bandhas, and letting go of postures.
- Grieve the losses of your pregnancy - not only the postures but other things that are changing.
- It's typically safe to continue with any practice you had before the pregnancy, be that marathon running or yoga practicing.
- Don't add any new postures.
- Continually reevaluate where you are at.
Watch the video for more talk on the subject.
Thanks for reading! Please visit my store to learn more about my services.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.