Start syncing your cycle with your practice today.
As women, our bodies operate on an approximately 28-day lunar cycle, unlike the linear 24-hour male cycle we're all told to mold ourselves to. The fact is, nobody can be expected to perform, think, or feel the same each day – and that's OK! Our biochemistry proves it. Throughout the month, our hormones naturally ebb and flow with the phases of our menstrual cycles. When they're balanced, they sound like a symphony in tune– but nobody ever really teaches us how to be in balance with them.
As a result, your practice just isn't going to feel the same every day of the month, and the prescribed Ashtanga sequence might not be a fit for where you are in your cycle.
By being more aware of hormone levels throughout the month, you can be empowered with the intuitive knowledge on how to support your body with the right food, practice, and activities at each phase of your cycle. This helps to ensure that both the emotional and physical bodies are supported.
It's time to understand what your hormones are doing from day to day, and how this can impact your practice– and any other physical activity.
In this four-week course, you'll learn to approach the fluctuations of your practice with grace, and to embrace all the limbs of yoga – not just asana.
It's time to start supporting your body for a lifetime of practice through nutrition, awareness, and contemplative practices. Get the support you need now, for pain-free periods and to preserve fertility.
The time is now. And we can help.
This Course Will Include:
- A guide on how to start charting cycles.
- A meditation to practice during your period or to help create space to bring your period back.
- Seven days of hormone-balancing recipes.
- Our favorite supplements for hormone balance.
- A practice guide to fit your cycle.
- Pre-recorded asana practices to support your cycle.
- A practice journal to sync with your cycle.
- Non-retention pranayama exercises.
- Chant for women's health.
- Pain-free period guide.
- Four weekly zoom calls to discuss cycle phase.
Here's What You'll Learn:
- How to identify each phase of your cycle.
- How to confirm ovulation on your chart.
- Strategies for dealing with attachment to practice.
- Alternative contemplative practices to support you on your yoga journey.
- How to practice for each phase of your cycle.
- A greater understanding of peri-menopause.
- How your yoga practice can support your life.
Week 4 :
This week is the final phase of the cycle. We'll discuss what's going on with your hormones at this time and how they might effect your joints and energy levels. You'll learn what asana practices support this phase of your cycle, plus some grounding postures to do right before you start your period.
*** The dates of the calls are Wednesday May 13, 20, 27, and June 3. All calls are at 10 am PST. All calls will be recorded and uploaded into the course forum for you to review and questions can be submitted in advance. ***
Learn to practice for your health today.
Start owning your health and your practice today. Course begins May 13th.
Price goes up May 5th
- Four Weekly Group Zoom Calls with Jen and Jenna
- Access to private Facebook group for real-time support on your cycle and your practice
- 7 days of hormone-balancing recipes
- Pre-recorded restorative asana practices
- Asana practice guide
- Painful periods guide
- Guided meditations
- Guided Pranayama Exercises
I no longer have a period. Is this course for me?
I can't make the live calls. Can I still participate?
Join the Email List
Who We Are
Jenna Longoria, aka The Period Guru, is a board certified functional nutritionist specializing in women’s hormones. She was listed by The Huffington Post as one of the top 20 new health writers to follow in 2017. Her work has been featured in Mind Body Green, NBC, The Elephant Journal, and SXSW, and she is the author of 7 Steps to a Healthier You: An Attainable Guide to Health.
Jenna helps women reclaim their hormones and digestive health with a multidisciplinary approach combining functional medicine, nutrition, and diagnostic lab testing. Jenna is a firm believer that the right diet and lifestyle can put any hormonal condition into remission.
She is currently in her third decade of Ashtanga practice. Jen has been teaching Ashtanga yoga for 15 years and has worked with hundreds of students. She teaches all of Primary, Intermediate, and Advanced Asana.
Jen's belief that the transformative effects of Ashtanga Yoga are for everyone has been the cornerstone of her highly acclaimed in-person trainings, retreats, and coaching.